Our role – Financial Planner
Through cashflow forecasting, our Financial Planners align clients’ personal goals to their financial situations to help enable them achieve life goals. To do this you’ll find yourself:
- Involved in client meetings
- Analysing portfolios, benchmarking, rebalancing and on-going portfolio maintenance
- Keeping in regular communication with clients, by telephone, email and letter; attending client meetings with our Client Relationship Managers
- Delegating tasks effectively to our support team, to ensure the highest levels of client service are delivered
- Producing excellent standards of client work including compliant recommendations and reports to clients in terms of financial planning, pensions, investments, estate planning and protection
- Undertaking technical research for both client work and personal development
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of developments in legislation, investment and technology
- Contributing to development of best practice within the Financial Planning Team and wider firm initiatives
Who would we like to join us?
At Paradigm Norton it’s not just about what work you do it’s about how you do it. So, as well as excellent technical knowledge and experience you’ll need to demonstrate the right behaviours to ensure we continue to deliver excellent standards of client service delivery.
Technical knowledge / experience:
You’ll have a good knowledge and experience of all areas of financial planning – investment portfolio management, pensions, protection, estate planning etc having worked in a similar role for approximately 3 to 5 years with experience of Cashflow modelling
You’ll have dealt with high net worth clients and worked alongside other professional service firms: i.e. Solicitors
Driving all of this will be strong technology and mathematical aptitude
You will be Diploma qualified as a minimum, if not already Chartered and/or Certified.
Behaviours and competencies:
You’ll always have clients at the forefront of your thoughts, seeking opportunities to surprise and delight at all times
You will confidently build relationships with clients, colleagues and professional connections
You’ll be a real team player who naturally collaborates with others understands and appreciates others’ experiences, manages workflow and delegates tasks effectively.
You take a real interest in your development and will look for and take advantage of learning opportunities, showing curiosity and willingness to explore multiple possibilities or challenge the norm
Who are we?
Established in 2001, Paradigm Norton are one of the largest truly independent financial planning companies in England, servicing over 1,400 families with over £1.1 billion of assets under our management and employing a team of 70 across three offices: Bristol, London and Torquay.
Along the way we’ve achieved a number of milestones that we’re really proud of:
- Employee Owned – in March 2019 we became an employee-owned business allowing us to retain our values based financial planning service for decades to come
- Certified B Corporation® - in September 2019 we became B-Corp which means that we met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
- Award winning – we are the only financial planning firm to have won the prestigious Citywire New Model Adviser South West award 11 times, most recently in 2020
Why join us?
We’re a Financial Planning firm that has clients and our team at our heart.
As planners we know that whilst some of the value that we provide to clients can be quantifiable and tangible, just as important is the value that we add that’s difficult to quantify – it’s how we help a client turn a dream into a reality. After all, money matters, but life matters more.
A career at Paradigm Norton is more than just a job. We are proud to boast one of the most talented and highly qualified financial planning teams in the UK and we place people at the heart of our company values.
Each year we celebrate the team’s successes by spending a day away from the office reflecting on our achievements, having fun and looking at the next twelve months.
Salary & Benefits
Paradigm Norton will offer you a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, alongside ensuring you come into a great working environment we will provide you with the following benefits:
23 days’ holiday plus 12 refresher days to take throughout the year
Life Assurance scheme (4 times salary)
Generous Employer’s Pension Contribution
Income Protection Scheme
Private Medical Insurance for employees, their spouses/partners and any dependent children as well as a Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Alternatively, if you want to have an informal confidential chat about life here at Paradigm Norton / this role get in touch Tommy Watson , Client Manager.